During these uncertain times, we want you to feel safe and assured that Turner Car and Van Rental have taken the best and most comprehensive measures. Below are details of the measures we have taken.
We have expanded our already thorough cleaning procedures and continue to improve with each new guideline and update. Our team are being instructed to implement new and more comprehensive measures and checks that include enhanced cleaning for vehicles, vehicle transfers and branch locations, as well as enhanced social distancing practices.
Clean vehicles have always been important to us, but at this moment in time, we know vehicle cleanliness is even more critical.
Each of our vehicles is thoroughly cleaned between every rental regardless of length of hire or number of miles driven. This includes vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitising with a disinfectant that meets leading health authority requirements; particular attention is paid to the main touch points of the vehicle, listed below:
- Key and key fob
- Steering wheel
- Steering column
- Centre console
- Accessory panel
- Cup holders
- Vehicle Compartments
- Door interiors
- Door pockets
- Seat Belts
- Seat surfaces
- Seat pockets
- Interior Door handles
- Exterior Door handles
- Areas between seat/console
- Areas between seat/door pillars
- Instrument panels
- Rear view mirrors
- Visor & Mirror
- Gearshift Lever/Button
- Fuel Cap/Lid
Please be assured that if any vehicle needs removed from service or quarantined, measures are in place for this.
Delivery & Collections
We also take additional measures when delivering or collecting a vehicle from a customer, such as:
- Our drivers wear protective masks and gloves at all times.
- Key are fully sanitised and handed over in a sealed envelope.
- Your vehicle will be delivered with a seat covering that will be removed prior to hand over and the steering wheel will be re-sanitised.
- Paperwork/Tablet is left on driver’s seat for customer’s signature.
All of our Branch locations have strict guidelines and procedures in place to ensure maximum safety for our customers and staff.
- Masks must be worn by all customers and staff when moving around the office.
- Hand sanitiser is located in customer areas.
- Safety screens at all front counters.
- A strict one customer at any time at our front counters and where one way in and out is not possible.
- Fully sign posted one way in and out of our branches where possible.
- All surfaces fully sanitised daily.
- Contactless payment is used whenever possible.
- Two metre distance markers are in place to encourage social distancing.